There are many household cleaning agents and some slightly more unorthodox methods, as suggested on many of the online advice websites and discussion forums. These are some of which we have tried:
- Proprietary stain removing cleaning and laundry pre-treatment products such as Vanish, Shout, Stain Devils and Glow-white etc.
- Oxygen based detergents – These work on protein based stains
- Bleach – Many people recommend the use of bleach, hydrogen peroxide or ammonia for deodorant stain removal. However, bleach should never be used on a perspiration or antiperspirant stain, as it reacts with the deposits and turns the stain even darker
- Baking soda (sodium bicarbonate) or a mix of baking soda, water and peroxide – These are regarded by many as one of the most effective ways for sweat stain removal
- A paste of aspirin, cream of tartar and water
- Lemon juice
- White spirits
After extensive research and failed attempts with all of the above cleaning agents and suggestions, it was clear that none of them were 100% effective at removing deodorant and antiperspirant stains.
Deo-Go is the only product available that is completely effective at removing deodorant and antiperspirant stains from clothing.